The publisher, who passed away just over 15 years ago on June 3, 1992, was the head of EC and brought a number of horror, sci-fi and fantasy titles to newsstands including, of course, Mad, as well as Tales from the Crypt and Weird Science. Titled Ghoulishly Yours, William M. Gaines, the movie is coming from the pen of Joel Eisenberg (from Iron Mountain), and will detail his life once he stepped into the publishing world. (Previously, he had been in the army, and then a chemistry student.) Ghoulishly will specifically focus on the "anti-establishment group of comic book creators, led by a reluctant Gaines, as they produce their controversial yet hugely popular line of comic books like Crypt, which later led Gaines to face Senate subcommittee hearings over accusations of perpetuating juvenile delinquency." Considering the fact that Eisenberg's last penned feature was Hollywood Vampyr, I imagine that this will be a quirky sort of film, but I'm not sure if it will be the good quirk. Perhaps he will gear up with some Crumb.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!