Like most De Palma films, Dressed to Kill was an ode to Alfred Hitchcock, and Psycho in particular. Right down to an extended shower scene and the somewhat comical transvestism. The film starred Angie Dickinson, Michael Caine, and Nancy Allen with a story that centered on a prostitute (Allen) who is an eye-witness and a prime suspect for the murder of a bored housewife (Dickinson). Throw in Caine as a campy psychiatrist and you have the makings of another over-the-top De Palma classic. Both Caine and De Palma even managed to earn Golden Raspberry nominations, and believe me, there was some pretty tough competition that year. De Palma is reportedly still in talks to direct the prequel to his film The Untouchables; maybe if he's feeling nostalgic enough he could help out on Dressed while he's at it.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!