For those new to the Kong thing, it's the story of video game one-upmanship that's as entertaining as it is absurd. Mr. Bacall has a lot to work with here: The history of video games, the trivial-yet-passionate competition and a whole bunch of colorfully geeky characters. Picturehouse will be releasing The King of Kong (now with the unnecessary subtitle A Fistful of Quarters) later this year, and New Line looks to be on the fast-track with the make-believe version. Mr. Gordon has been invited to direct this version as well, so that's a good thing. And for those who think Donkey Kong is a silly thing to compete over, I have just one word for you: Golf.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!