Collins is getting to go beyond his ne'er-do-well acting chops by leading the film as Cesar Faz, a baseball player who returns to Mexico after being defeated by racism in the Major Leagues. There, he becomes coach of a youth team and ends up leading them to the Little League World Series in 1957, where they won 4-0 over La Mesa, California. The baseball feature is being directed by William Dear, the man behind Harry and the Hendersons and Angels in the Outfield, from a script by W. William Winokur. The Mexico shoots have been completed, and the production will begin filming in Los Angeles on June 15 with a supporting cast of: Cheech Marin, Emilie de Ravin, Lou Gossett Jr., Bruce McGill and Patricia Manterola. As for the kids, they include Nacho Libre youngin' Moises Arias and invincible hero Hayden Panettiere's younger brother, Jansen.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!