Collins is getting to go beyond his ne'er-do-well acting chops by leading the film as Cesar Faz, a baseball player who returns to Mexico after being defeated by racism in the Major Leagues. There, he becomes coach of a youth team and ends up leading them to the Little League World Series in 1957, where they won 4-0 over La Mesa, California. The baseball feature is being directed by William Dear, the man behind Harry and the Hendersons and Angels in the Outfield, from a script by W. William Winokur. The Mexico shoots have been completed, and the production will begin filming in Los Angeles on June 15 with a supporting cast of: Cheech Marin, Emilie de Ravin, Lou Gossett Jr., Bruce McGill and Patricia Manterola. As for the kids, they include Nacho Libre youngin' Moises Arias and invincible hero Hayden Panettiere's younger brother, Jansen.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!