Anyhow, there's one more person to add to the pretty interesting cast of Andy and Larry Wachowski's upcoming live-action remake of Speed Racer. We've already got Emile Hirsch as Speed, Matthew Fox as Racer X, Christina Ricci as Trixie and Susan Sarandon and John Goodman as Ma and Pop Racer. The latest name to add to the parade -- Music and Lyrics' Scott Porter as Rex. Now you Racer fans might be confused since Rex is actually Racer X. It seems that Porter will be the young Rex, before he fakes his death and miraculously becomes the Fox-y X. Assuming that the character has an approximate 13-year span between Rex and X, like the actors' actual ages, that's quite the physical transformation. I'm a bit surprised that they didn't find someone who could pull off the older and younger roles. I just don't see enough of a resemblance between the two -- unless there's something that changed the character's look?! What say you about the two Rex-X'ers? I'll stomach it for that cast and the sweeet, new Mach 5.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!