The original is about an American, ex-showgirl in Paris who pretends that she's Hungarian royalty to get into the Parisian elite and find a man with money, rather than love. She uses the title Baroness Czerny -- coming from the name of a poor cab driver she rejected for his lack of money. Eve meets Georges Flammarion, who will keep her secret if she woos his wife's lover away. Of course, while she's being wooed by big money, that ol' cab driver is still after her. Imagining this remade makes me a bit nervous, since it could easily slide into the terrible realm of eye-gouging romcoms, but this flick has a twist -- it's the adapted brainchild of Michael Arndt, the guy who won an Oscar for writing Little Miss Sunshine. According to him, the film has "long been one of my favorite films, and it is easily one of the best comedies of the '30's. Being given the chance to update the film with Reese in the lead is simply a dream come true." If the re-made Midnight has any of the spunk of his spastic Sunshine family, this little project might just work.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!