Christopher Meloni, that guy from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and the puss-y Freakshow from Harold & Kumar, will play Lane's husband; James Franco, everyone's favorite little Goblin will play Gere's son. There's just something about Franco and Gere as father and son that seems completely right to me, so I've got to give kudos on the casting choice. How the players will come together in this dysfunctional environment remains to be seen. The adaptation comes from Ken Hixon, who last penned City by the Sea, and Ann Peacock, whose last film was The Chronicles of Narnia. Interesting pair, isn't it? Lackawanna Blues director George Wolfe will helm the feature and Denise Di Novi is the romance's producer. Considering the increasing popularity of Nicolas Sparks' work on the big screen, especially the most recent adaptation -- The Notebook -- I imagine that romance fans will go to see this in droves.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!