Christopher Meloni, that guy from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and the puss-y Freakshow from Harold & Kumar, will play Lane's husband; James Franco, everyone's favorite little Goblin will play Gere's son. There's just something about Franco and Gere as father and son that seems completely right to me, so I've got to give kudos on the casting choice. How the players will come together in this dysfunctional environment remains to be seen. The adaptation comes from Ken Hixon, who last penned City by the Sea, and Ann Peacock, whose last film was The Chronicles of Narnia. Interesting pair, isn't it? Lackawanna Blues director George Wolfe will helm the feature and Denise Di Novi is the romance's producer. Considering the increasing popularity of Nicolas Sparks' work on the big screen, especially the most recent adaptation -- The Notebook -- I imagine that romance fans will go to see this in droves.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!