Christopher Meloni, that guy from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and the puss-y Freakshow from Harold & Kumar, will play Lane's husband; James Franco, everyone's favorite little Goblin will play Gere's son. There's just something about Franco and Gere as father and son that seems completely right to me, so I've got to give kudos on the casting choice. How the players will come together in this dysfunctional environment remains to be seen. The adaptation comes from Ken Hixon, who last penned City by the Sea, and Ann Peacock, whose last film was The Chronicles of Narnia. Interesting pair, isn't it? Lackawanna Blues director George Wolfe will helm the feature and Denise Di Novi is the romance's producer. Considering the increasing popularity of Nicolas Sparks' work on the big screen, especially the most recent adaptation -- The Notebook -- I imagine that romance fans will go to see this in droves.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!