Now the writer/director is set for his next feature through Warner Independent Pictures -- an English-language remake of the French film Les Voleurs, which starred Catherine Deneuve and Daniel Auteuil. The original is about a dead man who is brought back home to his wife and son, and how his death effects those he had relationships with. Now under the English title, Thieves, which Kerrigan will both adapt and direct, the movie is described as a New Orleans story about "a police detective who is the black sheep of his family, a band of criminals." Um.. What? The original was an erotic thriller with intricate sexual relationships. Sure, there was an aborted heist, but was there really a whole family of criminals? If you've seen the original, please chime in. Either way, hopefully the project will run smoothly, and Kerrigan's very bad luck has come to an end.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!