Now the writer/director is set for his next feature through Warner Independent Pictures -- an English-language remake of the French film Les Voleurs, which starred Catherine Deneuve and Daniel Auteuil. The original is about a dead man who is brought back home to his wife and son, and how his death effects those he had relationships with. Now under the English title, Thieves, which Kerrigan will both adapt and direct, the movie is described as a New Orleans story about "a police detective who is the black sheep of his family, a band of criminals." Um.. What? The original was an erotic thriller with intricate sexual relationships. Sure, there was an aborted heist, but was there really a whole family of criminals? If you've seen the original, please chime in. Either way, hopefully the project will run smoothly, and Kerrigan's very bad luck has come to an end.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!