Now the writer/director is set for his next feature through Warner Independent Pictures -- an English-language remake of the French film Les Voleurs, which starred Catherine Deneuve and Daniel Auteuil. The original is about a dead man who is brought back home to his wife and son, and how his death effects those he had relationships with. Now under the English title, Thieves, which Kerrigan will both adapt and direct, the movie is described as a New Orleans story about "a police detective who is the black sheep of his family, a band of criminals." Um.. What? The original was an erotic thriller with intricate sexual relationships. Sure, there was an aborted heist, but was there really a whole family of criminals? If you've seen the original, please chime in. Either way, hopefully the project will run smoothly, and Kerrigan's very bad luck has come to an end.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!