A whole new script of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is being made for the actor, "specifically tailored" to him. At the very least, I hope that they will make him a distant relative, grandson or something, instead of taking over the same role, but I doubt that will be the case. Jay Kogen, a writer for shows like The Simpsons and Frasier is currently writing the script. I like Myers a lot, but I just really don't like the idea of this. However, after a bit of stretch out of the spotlight, the actor is just piling on the work, so maybe he'll be too busy and the flick will stay in that sweet development hell. For one thing, he's now talking with New Line and Jay Roach about making another Austin Powers. No writer is on the case or anything, but Myers wants a sequel that comes from Dr. Evil's point of view. I imagine that spin is the only hope for the film to be fresh, since comedy sequels just never seem to live up to the feature egg that created them. Then again, I'll sit through another for some more Alan Parsons jokes.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!