Unlike Sideways, which focuses on the wine tasting with a side of dysfunction, Vintner's is just a smidge more fantastical. The book is set in 1808, and talks about Sobran (Renier), a young man who discovers an angel with "an appetite for earthly pleasures -- wine, books, gardening, conversation, and, eventually, carnal love." For the next 55 years, the angel Xas is his friend and adviser as he experiences everything from love and marriage to war and death. The Hollywood Reporter's description adds a few more grapes: "The film revolves around a peasant winemaker in 19th century France as he grapples with the sensual, sacred and profane while searching for the perfect vintage." It sounds like a pretty interesting story -- angels, sexiness, wine and the turmoil of life -- what else could we want? (And heck, any production with young actors that doesn't include the tabloid-crazy is a plus in my book.) Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a while for this interest to be fulfilled. The film isn't slated to shoot until next year -- February for shots in Auckland New Zealand and March for the Burgandy region of France and then Belgium.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!