That's right, the nuts that Turturro will be cracking are of the Tchaikovsky ballet variety. He's signed on to the whopping $65 million dollar adaptation, Nutcracker -- The Untold Story, along with Dakota's little sister, Elle Fanning and everyone's favorite flamboyantly perky actor, Nathan Lane. Based on the story that inspired the ballet, we've got Fanning as the little girl who gets the doll in 1920's Vienna, and Lane as the guy who gives it to her. Russian director Andrei Konchalovsky adapted the story with Chris Solimine, and he will also direct it. But that's not all -- it's a musical. Tim Rice is whipping together lyrics to eight new songs from the ballet's score, and the art director behind V for Vendetta, Kevin Phipps, heading the visuals and sets. According to the director: "I have been trying to make this film for a very long time, and now that CGI and technical wizardry have come so far, I can finally realize my dream." So, he's a happy camper as the project moves towards its July 16th shooting date, but is this the answer to your dreams?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!