Apparently the next Shrek flick will be an "origin story," which means ... what? We get to see a giant pregnant ogress give birth to our green, stinky hero? Awesome. I mean ... does Shrek need an origin story? He's a freakin' ogre. Is there some fascinating back-story about how he came to live in a swamp? Meh. I guess I'm just a little disenchanted with the Shrek franchise right now. Stop back in a few years, Katzenberg, and we might be ready to play along. (Seriously though? "Origin story" sounds more to me like "This way we don't have to pay the huge fees for people like Diaz, Murphy and Banderas." Or maybe I'm just a big, fat cynical jerk.) Anyway, yeah: Shrek. Get used to him.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!