Apparently the next Shrek flick will be an "origin story," which means ... what? We get to see a giant pregnant ogress give birth to our green, stinky hero? Awesome. I mean ... does Shrek need an origin story? He's a freakin' ogre. Is there some fascinating back-story about how he came to live in a swamp? Meh. I guess I'm just a little disenchanted with the Shrek franchise right now. Stop back in a few years, Katzenberg, and we might be ready to play along. (Seriously though? "Origin story" sounds more to me like "This way we don't have to pay the huge fees for people like Diaz, Murphy and Banderas." Or maybe I'm just a big, fat cynical jerk.) Anyway, yeah: Shrek. Get used to him.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!