Apparently the next Shrek flick will be an "origin story," which means ... what? We get to see a giant pregnant ogress give birth to our green, stinky hero? Awesome. I mean ... does Shrek need an origin story? He's a freakin' ogre. Is there some fascinating back-story about how he came to live in a swamp? Meh. I guess I'm just a little disenchanted with the Shrek franchise right now. Stop back in a few years, Katzenberg, and we might be ready to play along. (Seriously though? "Origin story" sounds more to me like "This way we don't have to pay the huge fees for people like Diaz, Murphy and Banderas." Or maybe I'm just a big, fat cynical jerk.) Anyway, yeah: Shrek. Get used to him.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!