Francoise Cadol is "France's Angelina Jolie." She is, naturally, chummy with "France's Brad Pitt." Cadol also dubs Gong Li, Patricia Arquette, Sandra Bullock, and Mary Alice from Desperate Housewives. Italian dubber Giuppy Izzo must have an incredibly obnoxious voice -- she does both Renee Zellweger and Ellen Pompeo on Grey's Anatomy. "China's Tom Cruise" -- Ren Wei -- has also been Ewan McGregor, John Travolta, and Hugh Jackman. Daniella Hoffman -- "Germany's Julia Roberts" -- got her gig by being able to do "a good, really filthy laugh, just like Julia." These voice actors really commit to their roles. They run around the studio, lie on the floor, whatever helps them get the voice perfect. The article is full of such interesting tidbits. In China, for example, dubbing is an incredibly quick process in order to beat the bootleggers. In France, dubbing is taken very seriously -- even leading to voice stalkers. I'll bet Gilbert Gottfried doesn't have to deal with that!
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!