What's particularly enticing about this project (aside from it marking Cusack's return to the action genre, a section he's avoided since his very amusing turn in Con Air) is that Mr. De Bont is promising to finish the flick with a 51-minute chase sequence. And it get even better: The story was hatched by Eric Red, the scribe who (once upon a time) penned The Hitcher and Near Dark, both of which are unquestionable classics of the horror genre because I said so. (Apparently Swordfish screenwriter Skip Woods also worked on the Stopping Power script.) The only sticking point (for me) is the involvement of Jan de Bont, a stellar cinematographer who graduated to director on the effortlessly entertaining Speed ... and then followed it up with Twister, Speed 2, The Haunting and Tomb Raider 2. Yikes.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!