Strick hasn't directed since the 2001 TV movie Hitched. I didn't see that one, but I always perk up when I see his name in the credits of a movie. He wrote Arachnophobia, which I loved, as well as the excellent screenplay for Scorsese's remake of Cape Fear, one of my favorites. I'm curious to hear more details about Soundman. Will King be a speaking character in the film or just a plot device seen from afar? My guess is they'll probably go the route of a movie like Bobby, showing you glimpses of King through archival footage and crafty editing. If we ever do get that King biopic, I think Spike Lee is the natural choice. It'd bring a nice symmetry to his Malcolm X, and you know he wouldn't deliver an overly schmaltzy puff piece. But who has the charisma to play MLK? I'd cast Ving Rhames.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!