Strick hasn't directed since the 2001 TV movie Hitched. I didn't see that one, but I always perk up when I see his name in the credits of a movie. He wrote Arachnophobia, which I loved, as well as the excellent screenplay for Scorsese's remake of Cape Fear, one of my favorites. I'm curious to hear more details about Soundman. Will King be a speaking character in the film or just a plot device seen from afar? My guess is they'll probably go the route of a movie like Bobby, showing you glimpses of King through archival footage and crafty editing. If we ever do get that King biopic, I think Spike Lee is the natural choice. It'd bring a nice symmetry to his Malcolm X, and you know he wouldn't deliver an overly schmaltzy puff piece. But who has the charisma to play MLK? I'd cast Ving Rhames.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!