Strick hasn't directed since the 2001 TV movie Hitched. I didn't see that one, but I always perk up when I see his name in the credits of a movie. He wrote Arachnophobia, which I loved, as well as the excellent screenplay for Scorsese's remake of Cape Fear, one of my favorites. I'm curious to hear more details about Soundman. Will King be a speaking character in the film or just a plot device seen from afar? My guess is they'll probably go the route of a movie like Bobby, showing you glimpses of King through archival footage and crafty editing. If we ever do get that King biopic, I think Spike Lee is the natural choice. It'd bring a nice symmetry to his Malcolm X, and you know he wouldn't deliver an overly schmaltzy puff piece. But who has the charisma to play MLK? I'd cast Ving Rhames.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!