One of the films currently being shopped around at Cannes is Ye Olde Times. The movie will center on "two rival fairs vying for ownership of all things Middle Ages" and Black is starring as Professor Shockworthy -- the movie's narrator who tutors some "romantically entwined characters in the mysterious ways of love." Considering some of Black's lesser-loved work lately, I wouldn't be half as excited if it weren't for the great mix of comedic testosterone that's joining him -- Tim Robbins, Will Arnett, Cary Elwes and a cameo by John C. Reilly. I wonder if Arnett will be some sort of Medieval magician, and whether Elwes will channel some Wesley and do as we wish? Finally, I find it pretty telling that the plot specifically describes a "romantically entwined" set of characters, but there are no maids or maidens on the cast list. Will Black, perhaps, be tutoring Robbins and another lucky man on the ways of love? Oh, the possibilities! Codpieces and turkey legs, oh my!
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!