This will be the actor's first feature since Romance & Cigarettes in 2005 -- which was definitely an interesting movie, but a bit irksome to have actors trying to sing over the original songs, rather than re-recording them. Since the remake is a film about sex lines, and 06 refers to the numbers associated with phone sex lines in the Netherlands, the title is being changed to 1-900. When this will gear up, and whether he will also star is anyone's guess. Considering the delays on this project, I don't think we'll know for a while. That's probably a good thing, because I'm still torn. The three films are definitely getting interesting choices for directors, and I love the Tooch most of all, but I'm still finding it hard to stomach. When the news first broke, Martha said it was "a move that either callously takes advantage of van Gogh's tragic fame or hopes to bring his work to a wider audience." I'm thinking the former -- how many people actually go to see the original foreign movie after an English remake?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!