This will be the actor's first feature since Romance & Cigarettes in 2005 -- which was definitely an interesting movie, but a bit irksome to have actors trying to sing over the original songs, rather than re-recording them. Since the remake is a film about sex lines, and 06 refers to the numbers associated with phone sex lines in the Netherlands, the title is being changed to 1-900. When this will gear up, and whether he will also star is anyone's guess. Considering the delays on this project, I don't think we'll know for a while. That's probably a good thing, because I'm still torn. The three films are definitely getting interesting choices for directors, and I love the Tooch most of all, but I'm still finding it hard to stomach. When the news first broke, Martha said it was "a move that either callously takes advantage of van Gogh's tragic fame or hopes to bring his work to a wider audience." I'm thinking the former -- how many people actually go to see the original foreign movie after an English remake?
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!