This will be the actor's first feature since Romance & Cigarettes in 2005 -- which was definitely an interesting movie, but a bit irksome to have actors trying to sing over the original songs, rather than re-recording them. Since the remake is a film about sex lines, and 06 refers to the numbers associated with phone sex lines in the Netherlands, the title is being changed to 1-900. When this will gear up, and whether he will also star is anyone's guess. Considering the delays on this project, I don't think we'll know for a while. That's probably a good thing, because I'm still torn. The three films are definitely getting interesting choices for directors, and I love the Tooch most of all, but I'm still finding it hard to stomach. When the news first broke, Martha said it was "a move that either callously takes advantage of van Gogh's tragic fame or hopes to bring his work to a wider audience." I'm thinking the former -- how many people actually go to see the original foreign movie after an English remake?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!