Passenger was penned by Eric Schmid, and it will be directed by Nick Gomez -- the man behind the questionable Drowning Mona, who has been busy lately directing television shows all over the place from Veronica Mars to The Practice. I'm a bit surprised, because this seems like the perfect project for someone with a strong musical background. And if there is one thing we've got right now, it's a large bunch of talented musically-inclined directors. The Pop man himself was given a chance to be involved, but he said: "The script ain't chopped liver... It was a work of art. But subjectively, I don't want to be involved in any way." It is set to head into production some time this year with a meager $6-$8 million budget, for a release planned in 2008. I'm waiting to see if "I'll be shakin', I'll be tremblin', I'll be happy, I'll be weak -- and [if] I'll love" this flick. There might be some questionable aspects, but at least Pop thinks the script is art.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!