Purefoy, who is best known for his work portraying Mark Antony in HBO's Rome series, will play a man who dates and then dumps Vardalos' character. The thing is, once rejected, the woman ends up falling in love with the guy. Originally, Vardalos wrote the male role as American, but she has since been rewriting the part for Purefoy, who is British. Now the character is being conceived as a foreigner who doesn't understand American women. Vardalos says the film, which begins shooting in Toronto this summer, will be for everybody (I doubt it will be for me), and will tackle the idea of forced and expected ideas of romance, particularly the kind of ideas that come with the Valentine's holiday.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!