Purefoy, who is best known for his work portraying Mark Antony in HBO's Rome series, will play a man who dates and then dumps Vardalos' character. The thing is, once rejected, the woman ends up falling in love with the guy. Originally, Vardalos wrote the male role as American, but she has since been rewriting the part for Purefoy, who is British. Now the character is being conceived as a foreigner who doesn't understand American women. Vardalos says the film, which begins shooting in Toronto this summer, will be for everybody (I doubt it will be for me), and will tackle the idea of forced and expected ideas of romance, particularly the kind of ideas that come with the Valentine's holiday.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!