If Branagh joins the film, it would mark the third time that Branagh has done a Nazi period piece. There was the debacle that was Swing Kids -- although he did have the foresight to have his name taken off that picture. Then in 2001, he played Reinhard Heydrich, an architect of The Holocaust in the TV film Conspiracy. You cannot help but think that Singer might have had that performance in mind when casting talks began. At least I hope it was that performance rather than the big-band hating member of the Gestapo. Branagh is still busy with his own remake of Sleuth with Jude Law and Michael Caine -- you can't deny that Branagh has always had a thing for the cutesy casting since Caine will be returning to the film in the role originally played by Laurence Olivier, and Law is filling in for Caine. Valkyrie is set to start production this summer, so if Branagh is planning on providing a little "Nazi menace" there is still plenty of time.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!