If Branagh joins the film, it would mark the third time that Branagh has done a Nazi period piece. There was the debacle that was Swing Kids -- although he did have the foresight to have his name taken off that picture. Then in 2001, he played Reinhard Heydrich, an architect of The Holocaust in the TV film Conspiracy. You cannot help but think that Singer might have had that performance in mind when casting talks began. At least I hope it was that performance rather than the big-band hating member of the Gestapo. Branagh is still busy with his own remake of Sleuth with Jude Law and Michael Caine -- you can't deny that Branagh has always had a thing for the cutesy casting since Caine will be returning to the film in the role originally played by Laurence Olivier, and Law is filling in for Caine. Valkyrie is set to start production this summer, so if Branagh is planning on providing a little "Nazi menace" there is still plenty of time.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!