Now this all depends on the accuracy of El Mayimbe over at Latino Review. According to the site, movie and cooking dynamo Rodriguez is shmoozing Warner Brothers for the chance to take on The Jetsons as a live-action feature. Frankly, I can't think of anyone better for the job. This is one of those projects that could be truly terrible and result in a massive outbreak of bleeding eyes, if done by the wrong people. You've got to be able to respect the original work (check), make it fresh and eye-boggling (check) and have the know-how to make it come to life in a live-action way (check). The only concern: this won't stop Sin City 2, right? Mayimbe says he won't be surprised if it is done before the dark sequel. But hopefully not. Since this wouldn't be animated, who do you see playing the futuristic family? William H. Macy as George, Elizabeth Perkins as Jane, and then some cute kids?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!