The interview took place at the San Francisco Film Festival, where Lucas received the Irving "Bud" Levin award, commemorating the fest's fiftieth anniversary. Lucas houses his Industrial Light and Magic and Lucasfilm facilities in San Francisco. Receiving the award, Lucas said "I'm out of the mainstream. I can do things that are not considered to be too logical or too smart. But those are the things that pay off." Is anyone else a little irritated by Lucas' insistence that he's some maverick filmmaker, going against the Hollywood norms? This has been going on since the seventies. The guy makes huge-budget blockbusters, he's not Todd Solondz for crying out loud. Anyhoo, here's hoping they get Sean Connery on board. The dude missed out on what could have been over $400 million bucks passing on the Lord of the Rings films, I doubt he'll refuse another sure-to-be massive payday. Assuming Shia LaBeouf is actually playing Indy's son, the "Three generations of adventure!" premise could really make the new Indiana Jones outing fly.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!