This isn't the first time the novel has tried to make its way to the big screen. It was originally a triller project for Dimension, with Hossein Amini tapped for the screenplay. However, once the Weinsteins left, the film slipped to the back burner and Amini moved on to other projects like Killshot. Smith's Bugcrush inspired Miramax executive David Greenbaum to revive it, and now Tristine Skyler will grab the pen (who was just attached to pen the Bell Jar screenplay). The book is about a woman named Amanda who finds her life unraveling under strange circumstances. A proposal given to her boss becomes a note with nasty comments. Her calm marriage becomes wrought with arguments. Either she's going crazy, or she's possessed by a beautiful, but evil, demon. That's always the way, isn't it? I think I might start using that excuse: "I can't help it! I'm possessed by a sexy demon!"
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!