This isn't the first time the novel has tried to make its way to the big screen. It was originally a triller project for Dimension, with Hossein Amini tapped for the screenplay. However, once the Weinsteins left, the film slipped to the back burner and Amini moved on to other projects like Killshot. Smith's Bugcrush inspired Miramax executive David Greenbaum to revive it, and now Tristine Skyler will grab the pen (who was just attached to pen the Bell Jar screenplay). The book is about a woman named Amanda who finds her life unraveling under strange circumstances. A proposal given to her boss becomes a note with nasty comments. Her calm marriage becomes wrought with arguments. Either she's going crazy, or she's possessed by a beautiful, but evil, demon. That's always the way, isn't it? I think I might start using that excuse: "I can't help it! I'm possessed by a sexy demon!"
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!