Writer David Benioff has been chosen to pen the remake and will work off the original script from the film's writer/director Susanne Bier. Plus, a serious family drama might be a nice counterpoint to the Wolverine flick that he has been working on. Benioff has done some good adaptation work in the past with 25th Hour, which bodes well for the project. Sheridan is probably best known for his films with Daniel Day Lewis and the partnership seemed to work well for both. Day-Lewis won an Oscar for My Left Foot, and Sheridan was twice nominated for In The Name of The Father and Left Foot. Word is that having Sheridan's name attached to the project will help land a few A-list stars for the film in the coming weeks. So while she might not be A-list, since Nielsen's stint on Law and Order: SVU looks to be wrapping up, at least she already knows her lines.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!