Writer David Benioff has been chosen to pen the remake and will work off the original script from the film's writer/director Susanne Bier. Plus, a serious family drama might be a nice counterpoint to the Wolverine flick that he has been working on. Benioff has done some good adaptation work in the past with 25th Hour, which bodes well for the project. Sheridan is probably best known for his films with Daniel Day Lewis and the partnership seemed to work well for both. Day-Lewis won an Oscar for My Left Foot, and Sheridan was twice nominated for In The Name of The Father and Left Foot. Word is that having Sheridan's name attached to the project will help land a few A-list stars for the film in the coming weeks. So while she might not be A-list, since Nielsen's stint on Law and Order: SVU looks to be wrapping up, at least she already knows her lines.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!