If by "occasional" he means often, sure! The thing is, Shrek the Third has promotional deals with tons of food, and they don't include big, leafy greans and a fresh glass of OJ. The deal is full of food products like: Snickers, Frosted Flakes, Cheez-Its, Sierra Mist and M&M's. On top of that, there's a promotional tie-in with McDonald's. So, unless these commercials urge kids to only eat these products once in a blue moon, it's definitely a mixed message. Susan Linn, of the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood asks: "Why would children follow Shrek's advice about healthy living and ignore his entreaties to eat Happy Meals and Pop-Tarts?" It seems tantamount to Michael Jackson doing commercials about loving your body just the way it is. For the meantime, the HHS has no plans to stop the ads, which will be interesting as Shrek gears up for his May 18 release.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!