When the original came out, you might think that either Alexis Bledel or Amber Tamblyn would be the ones shying away from a sequel. They were the first-billed girls with their big shows and notoriety. Then, out of nowhere, America becomes Ugly Betty, and suddenly her third-billed character is in hot demand. According to sources for The Hollywood Reporter, while Ferrera has no interest in reprising her role, Alcon Entertainment is exercising its sequel option and forcing her to the negotiating table. The plan is to start shooting this June, during her Betty hiatus, with Sanaa Hamri directing Elizabeth Chandler's script (the woman who wrote the original screenplay). Do we need a sequel? Of course not. The original was cute and all, but the shtick has been done. So, the next question: Will Ferrera's new notoriety catapult the sequel to success, or will it be a waste of time and money? I kind of hope it succeeds, because what's worse than starring in a sequel? Starring in a sequel that sucks.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!