When the original came out, you might think that either Alexis Bledel or Amber Tamblyn would be the ones shying away from a sequel. They were the first-billed girls with their big shows and notoriety. Then, out of nowhere, America becomes Ugly Betty, and suddenly her third-billed character is in hot demand. According to sources for The Hollywood Reporter, while Ferrera has no interest in reprising her role, Alcon Entertainment is exercising its sequel option and forcing her to the negotiating table. The plan is to start shooting this June, during her Betty hiatus, with Sanaa Hamri directing Elizabeth Chandler's script (the woman who wrote the original screenplay). Do we need a sequel? Of course not. The original was cute and all, but the shtick has been done. So, the next question: Will Ferrera's new notoriety catapult the sequel to success, or will it be a waste of time and money? I kind of hope it succeeds, because what's worse than starring in a sequel? Starring in a sequel that sucks.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!