CATEGORIES Action, Mystery & Suspense, MGM, James Bond, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels, Bondcast, Daniel Craig, Features, Cinematical
Bondcast returns! Although sadly, both on the bondcast and here, we have to mourn the passing of Barry Nelson, the first actor to ever play James Bond. Oddly enough, he was an American actor, and they made James Bond an American secret agent in the adaptation of Casino Royale that he was in. He passed away on April 7th, leaving behind a pretty impressive filmography, and a lasting honor as the first James Bond. A moment of silence for Nelson, Barry Nelson.
We'll be bringing you a Bondcast review of the Queen Mary SpyFi archives exhibit on the next episode, and our Casino Royale commentary will be coming up very soon as well. It's a summer packed with Bond events, and we're going to be putting on our finest 007-wear and hitting them up. The ever-present Bondcast microphone will bring you back audio reports whenever possible. Thanks for listening, and we hope to see you back on Bondcast!
Some tidbits from Episode Four:
- Barry Nelson, as mentioned above, appeared in a TV adaptation of Casino Royale on Climax Mystery Theater for CBS in 1954. Nelson played "Card Sense Jimmy Bond," and Peter Lorre played Le Chiffre. If you purchase the Peter Sellers / David Niven / Woody Allen version of Casino Royale, you get the kinescope recording of the TV broadcast as a DVD extra.
- Check out our very own Erik Davis' interview with Paul Haggis here, where he at least drops a hint that he might be called in to do some script work on Bond 22. Here's hoping.
- Yes, you heard right, they are remaking Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy. You can check out the original version starring Jane Fonda to prepare yourself for the remake.
- The Richard Kiel / 007 Weekend event is actually San Francisco! Not San Diego. Check out all the details here, and go meet Jaws in person. You can also find out about the Honor Blackman / Pussy Galore appearance here, and the massive Pinewood Studios Bond event here.
- The info on the BBC documentary "Return of the Hero" is here, courtesy of Commander Bond. Hopefully we'll be able to see it stateside sometime soon. We'll let you know when we hear about it.
- Check out the Sideshow Collectibles massive Bond collection here. Get yourself a Sean Connery or a Roger Moore to live on your shelf.
SUBSCRIBE to the Bondcast in iTunes
LISTEN to the show now
ADD the Bondcast feed to your RSS aggregator