Ms. Petty has somehow found time after being the "First Murderer" in the upcoming Richard III, and nabbing starring roles in the upcoming Coming Soon, Broken Arrows and The Last Guy on Earth, to plan her directorial debut. The Poker House, which she also co-wrote with David Alan Grier, is about a 14-year-old girl and her two younger sisters in 1976 who have to "make their way through the tragedy that seems to be their life." Whether the title is a metaphor, or poker is involved, I don't know. The feature is already lensing in Chicago, and will star Petty and Grier, as well as Selma Blair, Bokeem Woodbine from Ray and Jennifer Lawrence. Which Lawrence it is, I don't know, since there are three. However, I'll go out on a limb and say it is this one, and if so, she'll probably be one of the sisters.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!