Ms. Petty has somehow found time after being the "First Murderer" in the upcoming Richard III, and nabbing starring roles in the upcoming Coming Soon, Broken Arrows and The Last Guy on Earth, to plan her directorial debut. The Poker House, which she also co-wrote with David Alan Grier, is about a 14-year-old girl and her two younger sisters in 1976 who have to "make their way through the tragedy that seems to be their life." Whether the title is a metaphor, or poker is involved, I don't know. The feature is already lensing in Chicago, and will star Petty and Grier, as well as Selma Blair, Bokeem Woodbine from Ray and Jennifer Lawrence. Which Lawrence it is, I don't know, since there are three. However, I'll go out on a limb and say it is this one, and if so, she'll probably be one of the sisters.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!