Ms. Petty has somehow found time after being the "First Murderer" in the upcoming Richard III, and nabbing starring roles in the upcoming Coming Soon, Broken Arrows and The Last Guy on Earth, to plan her directorial debut. The Poker House, which she also co-wrote with David Alan Grier, is about a 14-year-old girl and her two younger sisters in 1976 who have to "make their way through the tragedy that seems to be their life." Whether the title is a metaphor, or poker is involved, I don't know. The feature is already lensing in Chicago, and will star Petty and Grier, as well as Selma Blair, Bokeem Woodbine from Ray and Jennifer Lawrence. Which Lawrence it is, I don't know, since there are three. However, I'll go out on a limb and say it is this one, and if so, she'll probably be one of the sisters.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!