Ms. Petty has somehow found time after being the "First Murderer" in the upcoming Richard III, and nabbing starring roles in the upcoming Coming Soon, Broken Arrows and The Last Guy on Earth, to plan her directorial debut. The Poker House, which she also co-wrote with David Alan Grier, is about a 14-year-old girl and her two younger sisters in 1976 who have to "make their way through the tragedy that seems to be their life." Whether the title is a metaphor, or poker is involved, I don't know. The feature is already lensing in Chicago, and will star Petty and Grier, as well as Selma Blair, Bokeem Woodbine from Ray and Jennifer Lawrence. Which Lawrence it is, I don't know, since there are three. However, I'll go out on a limb and say it is this one, and if so, she'll probably be one of the sisters.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!