- I saw the documentary 51 Birch Street at SXSW in 2006 and enjoyed it very much; it's a fascinating look at the way families do (or do not) communicate and the secrets that might be harbored. Last fall, the documentary toured theaters as part of Landmark's Truly Indie distribution program. Now director Doug Block has announced that Image Entertainment will be releasing the movie on DVD, with a tentative release date of August 14. I'm pleased that I now can recommend the film to all of you and you'll have a chance to see it in the next few months.
- IFC and Red Envelope (the theatrical distribution arm of Netflix) have bought North American distribution rights to the drama This is England (pictured above), which Martha Fischer reviewed during its premiere at Toronto International Film Festival last year and called "impressively accomplished." It's written and directed by Shane Meadows and is based on his childhood experiences. The film will be screening soon at the Tribeca Film Festival, then will be released in July as part of IFC's day-and-date program, First Take.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!