But there's also some other tasty filmmakers on the plate. The director of The Exorcist and the upcoming creepfest Bug, William Friedkin, will be screening a remastered version of his 1980 film Cruising, which stars Al Pacino. It seems this screening is designed to gear up the DVD re-release of the film. And in something newer and much less seen, there's Gregg Araki's Smiley Face -- the Anna Faris flick that has her unknowingly eating pot brownies and having an interesting day as a result. But that's not all -- there's a ton others rumored to have secured screenings -- Ramin Bahrani's New York film Chop Shop, Barbarian Invasion's Denys Arcand's L'Age des Tenebres, Hector Babenco's El Pasado, the animated adaptation of Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis, Catherine Breillat's La Vieille maitresse (Asia Argento nabbed the role originally offered to Madonna), another Argento flick by Olivier Assayas called Boarding Gate and one more -- Julian Schnabel's French-language film, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Anyone going to Cannes who needs a personal assistant?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!