Based on the novel "Et apres...." by Guillaume Musso, the story centers on Duris' character, "a workaholic lawyer drifting away from his ex-wife (Lilly) and daughter, who meets a mysterious doctor (Malkovich) who claims to have the power to predict people's deaths". Director Gilles Bourdos -- who has some experience with suspense having already given us the 2003 Ruth Rendell adaptation Sight for Sore Eyes (Inquiétudes), also helped co-write the screenplay. The film is a French and Canadian co-production and features the cinematography of Mark Lee Ping-bin; fans of Wong Kar-Wai might recognize him as the cinematographer for In the Mood For Love. Afterwards is set for release in 2008; by then I'm sure Malkovich will be on to the next job in his ever-growing list of film commitments.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!