Sherwood Kiraly, who wrote the book that the film will be based on, is currently writing the screenplay, and Oz alum Terry Kinney will direct the feature. Mr. Sarah Jessica Parker will take the lead as Cooper Zerbs, a man who is suffering from memory loss after a closed-head injury. Along with his high school sweetheart (played by Madsen), and his Alzheimer's-ailed Uncle Rollie (Alda), he travels to a memorabilia show where the memory-loss pair scheme to sell a valuable baseball card to get the older man money. As if dealing with two memory-challenged men wasn't enough, the book has a bunch of added quirks -- namely, a poetic fish, a Dear John videotape, a gun-slinging alcoholic who trades baseball cards for booze (Could this be Cannavale's role? I can only hope!) and a fast-food establishment with a genetically-engineered salad. It sounds weird enough to work. But let's hope that it's more of the Sideways calibre, and less of the 23 flop. The movie will be filmed this Spring in New York and Chicago, so we might be able to see it by the end of the year.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!