She's not quite swearing off acting for life, like Luc Besson has, but has no current plans to go back, although she admits that she might be lured by a comedy: "I've done too many sad victim roles." It seems that her award-winning role, which had her portray a rock musician junkie, was a perfect jump-start into the career she hopes to jump into: music. According to the ex-actress: I don't want [acting] to be the only thing I've done in my life. I'd like to paint and compose music, which means everything to me. I have to have music from the moment I wake up. My goal is to edit and score films." It's just too bad that she's making the jump just as the rest of the world has turned towards her, although perhaps that will help her jump into her new work with ease -- "Life is about timing, and I've always had good timing." Best of luck, Ms. Cheung!
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!