It turns out that Del Toro was hard at work writing the script while working on the Oscar nominated "fairy tale" Pan's Labyrinth, and said that he found "crossovers between the two films," which will apparently be evident in the finished product. Del Toro is working again with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola on the sequel, and said that, on showing him his finished product, "Mike was quite horrified by how much I had deviated from what we had talked about, especially at some of the quote, unquote whimsical elements, the parts about magic and the fairy world. But then fortunately, he saw Pan's Labyrinth." Don't worry, there aren't going to be any "creative differences" to stall production since del Toro said that "he [Mignola ] realized that the two movies would have some parallels." So it's smooth sailing for the return of our kitten-loving friend, and for fans, I'm sure it's not a moment too soon.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!