On Wednesday, we brought you the sad news that filmmaker Bob Clark, known for directing such films as A Christmas Story and Porky's, was killed along with his 22-year-old son on the Pacific Coast Highway in a collision with a DUI driver. As is often the case, the drunk driver escaped the wreck with only minor injuries. Today there's an update on the situation -- IESB is reporting that the driver, a 24-year-old illegal immigrant without a license named Hector Velazquez-Nava, has had an immigration hold put on him by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, which means that once his legal proceedings are complete, he'll be placed directly into deportation proceedings. Velazquez-Nava was charged with vehicular manslaughter and investigation of DUI. If he posts, he'll be taken into federal custody.
Clark was, of course, best known for directing the perennial holiday classic A Christmas Story, an adaptation of Jean Shepherd's memoir of Christmas memories from childhood, but was also well known among horror fans for films such as Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Dead of Night, and the recently remade Black Christmas. He is also generally credited with launching the career of actress Kim Cattrall and had several projects in the pipeline at the time of his death. Here's hoping that whatever country Velazquez-Nava ends up in, the authorities are able to keep him behind bars forever.
- 12 Impossibly Chic French Films That Will Cure Your Cannes Cravings - POPSUGAR
- Loving Zac Efron Does Not Make You a Naughty Mommy - Mom.me
- What the Mad Men Stars Are Doing Next - POPSUGAR
- LINDSAY LOHAN'S LEGAL WOES - Wonderwall
- 20 MOVIES YOU WON'T BELIEVE ARE 20 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR - Mandatory
- What's The Deal With Grayscale? Let's Investigate - POPSUGAR
- 15 Photos of Tom Hardy That May Have Gotten Us Pregnant - Mom.me
- CELEBS POSTING ABOUT #REDNOSEDAYUSA ON SOCIAL MEDIA - Wonderwall
- The Top 10 Goodbyes to David Letterman - Popsugar
- THE TOP 10 FILMS THAT RUINED THEIR FILM FRANCHISE - Mandatory