The tale in question is the rhyming couplet world of The Doubtful Guest, as adapted by Matthew Huffman. Originally published 50 years ago, it is about an uninvited creature who moves in with a family in a mansion, and is a terrible nuisance that tears pages from books and peels soles of white canvas shoes. To put a spin on things, after years in the house, he's never asked to leave. Obviously, Henson's Creature Shop is working to create the creature, and as Lisa Henson describes: "It's hard to come up with a creature that you've never seen before in any medium, and he's a unique little creation who is very appealing without being cute or cloying." While it will be an animatronic, the creature will also get some CGI treatment. There is no word on cast as of yet, as it seems they're focusing on creating the guest before they find the family it will torment. If you're a Gorey fan, how do you feel about this being the tale to finally inspire a feature film?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!