As we told you a few weeks ago, Boyle is already in pre-production on Slum Dog, which we only knew involves a true story about a boy from the slums of Mumbai who wins big on India's version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. But instead of the boy being really smart, as we had thought, it now turns out the film's protagonist is illiterate and not well-educated. We learn this from Time Out's movie blog, which got a good deal of the plot synopsis out of Boyle for a recent podcast. The director says the film will show how the boy luckily knew all the answers because they all related to experiences in his life. His win was apparently a big shock to the show's producers, who suspected the boy of cheating. The best part of the story, though, is that the boy didn't mean to do so well; he only wanted to go on television in the hopes it would help him find his love, a girl who he'd lost connection with. Sounds like another fairy tale perfectly suited for Boyle.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!