As we told you a few weeks ago, Boyle is already in pre-production on Slum Dog, which we only knew involves a true story about a boy from the slums of Mumbai who wins big on India's version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. But instead of the boy being really smart, as we had thought, it now turns out the film's protagonist is illiterate and not well-educated. We learn this from Time Out's movie blog, which got a good deal of the plot synopsis out of Boyle for a recent podcast. The director says the film will show how the boy luckily knew all the answers because they all related to experiences in his life. His win was apparently a big shock to the show's producers, who suspected the boy of cheating. The best part of the story, though, is that the boy didn't mean to do so well; he only wanted to go on television in the hopes it would help him find his love, a girl who he'd lost connection with. Sounds like another fairy tale perfectly suited for Boyle.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!