Out of all the horror movies being remade these days, Prom Night is one of the few that I actually saw as a kid (never was a big scary movie fan). Still, I barely remember it. From what I can recall, it was your typical slasher film where the bad guy is someone familiar to the victims (a la Halloween, Scream, Scooby-Doo) and also had the familiar theme of a covered up past coming back to haunt (a la Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street). Specifically, though, Prom Night had pretty much the same plot as I Know What You Did Last Summer (not surprising, I Know producer Neil H. Moritz is producing this remake). As little as I care for horror in general, I do like the occasional straight-forward, cliché-ridden slasher movie (save for the too-simple Valentine), so I may be interested in this redo if I can be promised a recreation of the originals' opening, which is all that I really remember of it. Or is showing a little girl falling to her death atop a greenhouse too tame for today's audiences?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!