Out of all the horror movies being remade these days, Prom Night is one of the few that I actually saw as a kid (never was a big scary movie fan). Still, I barely remember it. From what I can recall, it was your typical slasher film where the bad guy is someone familiar to the victims (a la Halloween, Scream, Scooby-Doo) and also had the familiar theme of a covered up past coming back to haunt (a la Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street). Specifically, though, Prom Night had pretty much the same plot as I Know What You Did Last Summer (not surprising, I Know producer Neil H. Moritz is producing this remake). As little as I care for horror in general, I do like the occasional straight-forward, cliché-ridden slasher movie (save for the too-simple Valentine), so I may be interested in this redo if I can be promised a recreation of the originals' opening, which is all that I really remember of it. Or is showing a little girl falling to her death atop a greenhouse too tame for today's audiences?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!