Out of all the horror movies being remade these days, Prom Night is one of the few that I actually saw as a kid (never was a big scary movie fan). Still, I barely remember it. From what I can recall, it was your typical slasher film where the bad guy is someone familiar to the victims (a la Halloween, Scream, Scooby-Doo) and also had the familiar theme of a covered up past coming back to haunt (a la Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street). Specifically, though, Prom Night had pretty much the same plot as I Know What You Did Last Summer (not surprising, I Know producer Neil H. Moritz is producing this remake). As little as I care for horror in general, I do like the occasional straight-forward, cliché-ridden slasher movie (save for the too-simple Valentine), so I may be interested in this redo if I can be promised a recreation of the originals' opening, which is all that I really remember of it. Or is showing a little girl falling to her death atop a greenhouse too tame for today's audiences?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!