My other concern with the film is how it will play to children. Uberman is killed in the first few minutes of the film, which could be harmful for kids to see. And then the rest of the movie apparently deals with a depressed criminal. Sure, there have been tons of cartoons through the years that centered on the villain, and this movie will certainly have the supervillain finding redemption, but it still sounds a little heavy -- mostly because of the murderous characteristics -- for children to deal with. I mean, there weren't a whole lot of deaths in animation when I was growing up, save for Bambi's mother (not that I honestly would have cared since I was watching horror films in first grade). The movie will be directed by first-timers Cameron Hood and Kyle Jefferson, both seasoned vets of the DreamWorks Animation team, and was written by Alan Schoolcraft and Brent Simons. According to Stiller, who was making a joke on the long process of making an animated feature, it will come out in 15-20 years.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!