John Waters' 1988 hit about a chubby teen who wins a spot on the American Bandstand-esque Corny Collins Show gets a makeover courtesy of choreographer-turned-director Adam Shankman (The Wedding Planner) in this summer's Hairspray. This time around, John Travolta plays the plump Edna Turnblad, mother of the aforementioned aspiring dancer (Nicole Blonsky). Yes, that's correct: A virtually unrecognizable Travolta plays a woman. And he's married to Christopher Walken to boot. I'd go on about how the all-star cast also includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, and Queen Latifah, but frankly Shankman had me at "Travolta married to Walken." Get an exclusive first look at the poster below (double-click on the image for a larger version).
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!