John Waters' 1988 hit about a chubby teen who wins a spot on the American Bandstand-esque Corny Collins Show gets a makeover courtesy of choreographer-turned-director Adam Shankman (The Wedding Planner) in this summer's Hairspray. This time around, John Travolta plays the plump Edna Turnblad, mother of the aforementioned aspiring dancer (Nicole Blonsky). Yes, that's correct: A virtually unrecognizable Travolta plays a woman. And he's married to Christopher Walken to boot. I'd go on about how the all-star cast also includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Amanda Bynes, and Queen Latifah, but frankly Shankman had me at "Travolta married to Walken." Get an exclusive first look at the poster below (double-click on the image for a larger version).
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!