According to Englund, "I also hear they have a really good prequel script to A Nightmare on Elm Street being passed around. And there was talk that John McNaughton, director of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer was attached. Which means that maybe they would be making a prequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street with me out of the makeup for a while. You get to see Freddy Krueger, the early crimes. Freddy Krueger, the early years." (You know, like Muppet Babies, but with horrible murders.) Englund wants to see Freddy on trial, complete with sleazy lawyers, "Like a Law and Order episode." Freddy's back story would fit right in on SVU, or as I call it, Sex Crimes and the City. As for any remakes, Englund knows he can't do this forever, and that someday he may have to pass the baton. "Sooner or later, somebody else is going to have to play the part. But I can still do Freddy in the makeup. All I gotta do is lose five pounds." Sheesh, even Freddy is concerned about his weight these days!
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!