According to Englund, "I also hear they have a really good prequel script to A Nightmare on Elm Street being passed around. And there was talk that John McNaughton, director of Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer was attached. Which means that maybe they would be making a prequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street with me out of the makeup for a while. You get to see Freddy Krueger, the early crimes. Freddy Krueger, the early years." (You know, like Muppet Babies, but with horrible murders.) Englund wants to see Freddy on trial, complete with sleazy lawyers, "Like a Law and Order episode." Freddy's back story would fit right in on SVU, or as I call it, Sex Crimes and the City. As for any remakes, Englund knows he can't do this forever, and that someday he may have to pass the baton. "Sooner or later, somebody else is going to have to play the part. But I can still do Freddy in the makeup. All I gotta do is lose five pounds." Sheesh, even Freddy is concerned about his weight these days!
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!