Variety has released the cast list for the cheap, $2.5 million upcoming film -- Timothy Hutton, Mira Sorvino, Dana Delany, Stockard Channing and Mario Van Peebles. You can also add Tom Skerritt to that list, as Hutton listed him among the cast in a recent interview. The film is about an architect in 1979, played by Hutton, who decides to completely give up his career as an architect and become a playwright. He risks everything to write his play, and finds his life falling apart when he does so. His only support lies with his best friend, played by Sorvino. He finishes the play while damaging his other personal relationships and then gets it on-stage. Hutton describes it as "an interesting story of the choices you make and what you sacrifice along the way." I can dig it. I know someone who did something very similar, so it's definitely a believable story. Sarcasms will be the debut for Paramount alum-turned-writer/director Brooks Branch, and is filming in New York.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!