The film will follow a soldier who falls for a sexy, conservative college student while home on leave. They want to get married, but time and distance threaten their commitment. Could they, perchance, be headed towards the infamous "Dear John" letter? Channing Tatum, the beefcake star of Step Up, has signed on to star as the lovesick soldier. Variety sources say that New Line paid high six figures against seven figures for the book, and it also appears that the novelist is a fan of Tatum. New Line's Toby Emmerich: "We talked about the things that were important to Nicholas, and it turns out he is a fan of Channing Tatum." Me, I'm always disappointed with the guy, because every time I hear his name, I think he's the lovechild of Stockard Channing and Tatum O'Neal.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!