The film will follow a soldier who falls for a sexy, conservative college student while home on leave. They want to get married, but time and distance threaten their commitment. Could they, perchance, be headed towards the infamous "Dear John" letter? Channing Tatum, the beefcake star of Step Up, has signed on to star as the lovesick soldier. Variety sources say that New Line paid high six figures against seven figures for the book, and it also appears that the novelist is a fan of Tatum. New Line's Toby Emmerich: "We talked about the things that were important to Nicholas, and it turns out he is a fan of Channing Tatum." Me, I'm always disappointed with the guy, because every time I hear his name, I think he's the lovechild of Stockard Channing and Tatum O'Neal.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!