The film will follow a soldier who falls for a sexy, conservative college student while home on leave. They want to get married, but time and distance threaten their commitment. Could they, perchance, be headed towards the infamous "Dear John" letter? Channing Tatum, the beefcake star of Step Up, has signed on to star as the lovesick soldier. Variety sources say that New Line paid high six figures against seven figures for the book, and it also appears that the novelist is a fan of Tatum. New Line's Toby Emmerich: "We talked about the things that were important to Nicholas, and it turns out he is a fan of Channing Tatum." Me, I'm always disappointed with the guy, because every time I hear his name, I think he's the lovechild of Stockard Channing and Tatum O'Neal.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!