Anyhow... This isn't the only interesting way his life and work are being remembered. A memorial to the director was revealed yesterday in Amsterdam. Aptly called The Scream, the sculpture features a progression of profiles, meant to be Van Gogh's, of a mouth opening into a scream. It obviously reflects the director's life and pursuit of free speech, but it also has that eerie invocation of the man's death -- even more-so because the memorial rests near the spot where he was murdered. It definitely says a lot more than a bust of a famous person, a general on a bucking steed or any other type of typical monument fare. For the foreseeable future, Theo will be screaming, reminding people of his death and his belief in free speech.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!