Anyhow... This isn't the only interesting way his life and work are being remembered. A memorial to the director was revealed yesterday in Amsterdam. Aptly called The Scream, the sculpture features a progression of profiles, meant to be Van Gogh's, of a mouth opening into a scream. It obviously reflects the director's life and pursuit of free speech, but it also has that eerie invocation of the man's death -- even more-so because the memorial rests near the spot where he was murdered. It definitely says a lot more than a bust of a famous person, a general on a bucking steed or any other type of typical monument fare. For the foreseeable future, Theo will be screaming, reminding people of his death and his belief in free speech.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!