The flick isn't some sort of fashion comedy, but rather the cinematic version of "always the bridesmaid, never the bride." Heigl will star as a young, single woman who has taken on the wedding side-job 27 times, and must be super best friends with an entire sorority, or be part of the Cheaper by the Dozen house. When she's offered her 28th trip down the aisle, it's for her sister, who is marrying the man she is in love with. Well, no wonder she's single if she's sitting around pining after her sister's man. Hopefully it's one of those tales where she comes to her senses, rather than her trying to steal her husband's man, or her having a sister who is written as wicked and unworthy. There are only so many Cinderella nods we can take! The original script was written by Aline Brosh McKenna (The Devil Wears Prada), with a re-write by Dana Fox, and it will be directed by Step Up helmer Anne Fletcher. The latter is also a choreographer, so does anyone want to bet on the chances that there is some sort of dance number in the movie? Production is set to begin this May in New York City and Rhode Island.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!