It seems that Aja's plan is to make the remake an homage to the "creature films that made me fall in love with the genre." He's already gearing to do a rewrite of the script from Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg. In the current fishy incarnation, Spring breakers are cavorting around Lake Havasu, Arizona, when a tremor that opens ground beneath the lake and unleashes ravenous piranhas into the water. The film is under the Dimension umbrella, and Bob Weinstein says of the plan: "We will maintain the fun and thrilling aspects of the original film but look forward to upping the ante with a modern-day twist." I can only assume that this twist will be in the form of much more gory piranha feasts and humorous, yet tense, filmmaking. Is anyone else ready for those crazy little fish and sharp-as-hell teeth?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!