It seems that Aja's plan is to make the remake an homage to the "creature films that made me fall in love with the genre." He's already gearing to do a rewrite of the script from Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg. In the current fishy incarnation, Spring breakers are cavorting around Lake Havasu, Arizona, when a tremor that opens ground beneath the lake and unleashes ravenous piranhas into the water. The film is under the Dimension umbrella, and Bob Weinstein says of the plan: "We will maintain the fun and thrilling aspects of the original film but look forward to upping the ante with a modern-day twist." I can only assume that this twist will be in the form of much more gory piranha feasts and humorous, yet tense, filmmaking. Is anyone else ready for those crazy little fish and sharp-as-hell teeth?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!