It seems that Aja's plan is to make the remake an homage to the "creature films that made me fall in love with the genre." He's already gearing to do a rewrite of the script from Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg. In the current fishy incarnation, Spring breakers are cavorting around Lake Havasu, Arizona, when a tremor that opens ground beneath the lake and unleashes ravenous piranhas into the water. The film is under the Dimension umbrella, and Bob Weinstein says of the plan: "We will maintain the fun and thrilling aspects of the original film but look forward to upping the ante with a modern-day twist." I can only assume that this twist will be in the form of much more gory piranha feasts and humorous, yet tense, filmmaking. Is anyone else ready for those crazy little fish and sharp-as-hell teeth?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!