According to MSNBC, Ms. Franklin has chatted with Access Hollywood about a number of studios who have expressed interest in her life story. While talking about the possibilities, she confirmed that Hudson was one of the names suggested, but she wasn't particularly excited or set on the idea. She's quoted as saying: "Well, I don't know. I'm not sure. The producers want to know how I feel about it, about her playing [me]. What I'd like to see is three different people playing [me]." While Aretha also expressed interest in some other talented singers, I don't see one of them nabbing a spot over Hudson, who has the vocal chops and acclaim to boot. Then again, Aretha says they might find someone who will only lip synch her material. Still, I think it's safe to assume that if this gets made, chances are Hudson will be involved.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!