Toronto filmmakers and husband-and-wife team Debbie Melnyk and Rick Caine approached Moore a number of times for their documentary, and he pretty much shafted them every time. While the pair are fans of the man, they don't fall short of criticizing him for the doc. One of the film's discoveries is that all of the evasiveness in Roger & Me was a crock -- apparently Moore did talk with Roger Smith, but the footage was cut. All of this came about when the duo realized that their attempts at an interview needed to be taken from a different angle. They began to investigate his filmmaking process, which of course, brought up the questions of his practices. I think Melnyk really describes the man best: "We're a bit disappointed and disillusioned with Michael, but we are still very grateful to him for putting documentaries out there in a major way."
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!